Television is stuffed with content these days, and the quality supports the excess. But what happens when we as an audience become hooked on a series, and it continues even after the quality and ratings drops? What happens when our favorite TV shows go on too long?
This week we dive into this very real problem of fandom: when to leave your favorite shows. With TV series staples like Walking Dead and The Simpsons seeming to live forever, at what point is it time for us to cut and run?
Also this week: reviews of Curvature and Mid90s, social media is dictating the future of TV, Pirates of the Caribbean reboots without Johnny Depp, a new game, and much more.
Discussed on this episode
- (0:00 – 43:54)Film and TV News: Pirates of the Caribbean reboots without Depp, what celebrities owe us, social media’s impact on TV | You Can Do It
- (43:55 – 1:01:11) Reviews: Curvature and Mid90s | Upcoming Releases
- (1:01:12 – 1:38:17) From The Outside In Topic: When TV Shows Go On Too Long
- (1:38:18 – 1:44:42) Recommendations | Closing
- Email topic suggestions or episode reactions to email@example.com
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider and gain immediate access to exclusive bonus content, including a BONUS monthly episode and Bad Movie Night, by visiting https://www.patreon.com/thehollywoodoutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
- Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!