Three decades ago, an absolutely rad year in entertainment took hold. Classics like Die Hard, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Rain Man, and Scrooged hit theaters. The Cosby Show, Cheers, Roseanne, and Murder, She Wrote took over our television sets. It was a prime time for entertainment.
Much has changed since then, but what is even more interesting is how much remains the same. For this special episode, we’re not only going to look back at the year - complete with sponsor breaks and Breaking News segments - we are going BACK to 1988! With the magic of technology and time travel, this podcast is being presented to you directly from our HO Time Capsule vault.
This IS 1988!
Discussed on this episode
- (0:00 – 28:00)Film and TV Discussion: Wrestling takes hold, Die Hard redefines action films, Roseanne dominates the airwaves, Shark Week is introduced, and video stores surge.
- (28:02 – 33:07) What’s This Movie | The Top Movies and TV Shows of 1988 | In Memoriam
- (32:58 – 1:03:24) From The Outside In Topic: Best and Worst of Film and TV in 1988
- (1:03:25 – 1:12:28) Soundtrack Sing-a-long | Closing
- Listen to our previous Time Capsule episodes for 1987 and 1997.
- Email topic suggestions or episode reactions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider and gain immediate access to exclusive bonus content, including a BONUS monthly episode and Bad Movie Night, by visiting https://www.patreon.com/thehollywoodoutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group
- Join our Fantasy Movie League! Find our league, then use the password ‘buypopcorn’
Do your shopping via our Amazon Link!